[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Group Reading: Adjudication wanted

On Sat, 10 May 1997 03:18:07 -0400 e j m duggan <ejmd@compuserve.com>
writes:
>It seems to me that some consensus is emerging on the Group Reading
>proposal:

>Chandler's 'Red Wind'
>Jack & Pronzini eds _Hard Boiled_

And how about The Maltese Falcon?

I would suggest starting on May 18th or 19th. This will give most of
us a chance to finish up any books we are currently involved with.
With small, short stories we could limit the reading time to a week or
2 and a longer time when it comes to the full length novels. Most
(if not all) of us work so this will take the pressure off of having to
read
it in a small amount of time, giving the reader the pleasure of enjoying
the story instead of feeling like he or she has to "work" at it and can't
enjoy it.

>Perhaps we could confine responses to particular titles to a given
>week?
Or two? (giving more time to the reader)
Sounds good to me though.

>Going to see'f I can find 'Red Wind' ...
>Eddie Duggan

I'm going to check on that one tomorrow myself.
If he has an extra copy I'll post it to the list
(if anyone has a problem with that please post it
ASAP. Then I'll just take private e-mail on how to
get the book.)
Thanks, Paul.

>-
># RARA-AVIS:  To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis"
># to majordomo@icomm.ca

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

Follow-Ups: References: