Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: westerns

From: Marilyn Elliott (mme3924@verizon.net)
Date: 16 Nov 2010

    Thanks for posting the link to your column. Loved your comments on Donald Hamilton. I discovered him long ago and have read everything of his (though I prefer his standalones more than the Matt Helm series) including his westerns; my stash of beloved old paperbacks includes a copy of Smoky Valley. I've always wondered why his LINE OF FIRE was (apparently) never optioned for film. It's my favorite Hamilton.

    Marilyn Elliott