RARA-AVIS: sherlock

From: Eric Chambers (nqexile@yahoo.com.au)
Date: 21 Oct 2010

    'Sherlock' - The new updated BBC version of Sherlock Holmes has been screening in my part of the world - I find it very good indeed - it's done by people responsible for the current 'Doctor Who' and it shows. In both good and not-so-good ways. The principle actors are well-cast. For once its a re-imagining of a classic that doesn't show it disrespect and makes you go back to the original with a new perspective.
      It's all said better than I can here.

     http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2010/10/sherlock-holmes-meets-the-21st-century/64788/\
      Apparently it premieres in the US on Sunday.

    Eric