Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Harper about to come on - TCM

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2010

    One missed opportunity was not casting the great Harry Dean Stanton as one of the classic PIs. I suspect that in his forties he would have been a great Op. He is alert but somewhat inscrutable, perfect temperament for Hammett. What do you say about an industry that so underutilizes one of its absolute best actors?

    While I certainly agree that Stanton is one of our best actors, I can't see him as the Op. The Op is short and fat, Stanton is the opposite. Bob Hoskins would have been a better choice for The Continental Op.

    Patrick King