RARA-AVIS: A Choice of Nightmares

From: New Pulp Press (bassoffj@gmail.com)
Date: 09 Mar 2010

    I wanted to let you know that New Pulp Press has just released our latest reissue, A CHOICE OF NIGHTMARES by Lynn Kostoff. The book was originally published in the early 90's, but the publisher refused to market the book for what it was, NOIR, and the novel was promptly forgotten. Heeding the enthusiastic recommendations of Megan Abbott, Sara Gran, Marcus Sakey, Charlie Stella among others, I was put into contact with Lynn and fortunately got the book back into print. Deals with a down-and-out actor thrust into the world of drugs, violence, and bad women. A family story. Highly recommended. Lynn also has another novel, LATE RAIN, coming out this summer from Tyrus Books. You can check out an interview Lynn did with Mr. Ed Gorman here: http://newimprovedgorman.blogspot.com/2010/03/pro-file-lynn-kostoff-choice-of.html

    Jon Bassoff New Pulp Press