RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: nuts to the feel of a real book

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 21 Dec 2009

    Keep in mind, however, that while vinyl album sales have been climbing recently and have achieved their highest percentage total since 1991, they still makes less than one percent of all album sales. While they haven't
    "gone away completely," they may as well have. Consider, too, that CD sales have fallen a further 20 percent this year alone. When the numbers are viewed correctly, it's clear everything is migrating to digital mp3s.

    Are these numbers indicative then of the trend we'll soon see with books? I've no idea...but I do believe there is a fundamental difference between a song that one has no ability to hold and is used primarily as a filler
    (driving, parties, exercising, background @ businesses and home, etc.) and a book that is more tactile and offers a more personal involvement and experience. I don't know that these factors will be enough to stave off the digital trend r.e. books, but I do believe they have a better chance of keeping the playing field level than music ever had.

    Ron C.