RARA-AVIS: Definitions

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 18 Nov 2009

    I said a while back that the importance of Rara-Avis might have diminished a little bit in the last few years. It of course may have something to do with blogs and other forums in which you can discuss new and vintage hardboiled and noir writing, but I'd really like to say that arguing over and over again what noir is and what isn't may have contributed to the feeling of the lesser importance. Get on with your lives, goddammit! (Insert smiley here.)

    Juri

    PS. I was pleased to note some discussion over a new hardboiled book, THE LITTLE SLEEP. More of that, please! And discussion of older books as well.