Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: state of NY publishing

From: gsp.schoo@MOT.com
Date: 16 Nov 2009

    Ah. Value added verbiage.

    Then there's the idea that expression is only one end of communication. Hearing, understanding, comprehending the other.

    Anyway: the difference between "reader" and "consumer." We were talking at one point about the economics of writing, the need to be paid or somehow aquire the means to put steak on the table, or even just food stuff, in order to provide things to be read. That may not be the main purpose to write or read, but making readers paying consumers of books has been a model that limped along for a few decades, and seems to be in danger now. Have you another?

    Best, Kerry