Re: RARA-AVIS: Review of "Best American Mystery Stories 2009"

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 09 Nov 2009

    It feels actually like a funny and intersting review and I saved it for I¹m very interested by some of the stories...and will welcome any further comments about any story mentioned by any Rara-Avians...since I have not read any of those... Of particular interest to me are the story of Vu-Tran...(which one is it?), David Corbett¹s, Randy Rohn and Ron Carlson¹s (where does it take place?)...and Kristin K¹s seems wacky enough...

    How come though, such an interesting article, lies in a Murdoch rag like the
    Œwealky stand-hard¹, where medieval though reigns supreme and is exemplified by Œmanaging editor¹ (i.e. Stasi enforcer) Claudia Henderson, who majored in it (medieval thought) at Berkeley...

    Don¹t get alarmed...the Montois is not trying to start another wars of words...but really...it is strange...and the beautiful bottle of Valréas, Côtes-du-Rhônes Villages, Cuvée Prestige, 2007, that I am currently decimating, has got my Œpapilles¹ (Œtaste buds¹ is a very very poor translation and unfortunately the only word offered...), all worked up...

    In any case, any info on these stories (or or any of the others, by extension) will be most welcome...

    Montois

    PS: for those of you who might have touched both the journalism world and the Œmedia/communications...¹ one...isn¹it true that Œmanaging editors¹ at papers are a bit like Œproduction managers¹ in the production/film world: primary function is to bitch, cut, reduce, slash, get-a-deal, underpay, bastardize, cheapen...anything to save a quarter...I know the prod.film part because I hired people who used to be like that and that was the criteria and, it worked...!...but I¹m curious because several of my journalist/writer friends sneer as heavily about Œmanaging editors¹ than we sneer at
    Œproduction managers¹...Just curious...

    Steve Novak Cinefrog@comcast.net 734 429 4997 - off 313 300 0770 - cell