RE: RARA-AVIS: Noir City DC

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 25 Oct 2009

    I saw Slightly Scarlet yesterday, based on Cain's Love's Lovely Counterfeit. Speaking of which, is Cain's book that melodramatic? It was almost like a noir done by Douglas Sirk. Not that I didn't enjoy it. And Foster Hirsch, author of Film Noir: The Dark Side of the Screen, was there to introduce it. I intend to see several more over the next week and a half, including a double feature of Night Editor and Shakedown. I've been wanting to see Shakedown for almost two decades. (Yes, I could have gone to the grey market, but never quite got around to it.) Mark