Re: RARA-AVIS: Harry Whittington

From: David Wilson (boiledoverbooksn@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Oct 2009

    This one is A Ticket To Hell, published by Fawcett Gold Medal in 1959, and one of my favorites. One of Harry's favorites, too, because he used one of it's most dramatic scenes later in 1972. It was reprinted by Black Lizard in 1987.

    David Laurence Wilson Downieville, CA

    ________________________________ From: Jérôme Serme <jerome.serme@wanadoo.fr>

    I have come across a French edition of a Harry Whittington novel which puzzles me: /Faut que ça craque !/ (Gallimard: Série Noire n° 469, 1958) is supposed to be the translation of '/Something' s got to give/' (1958), which title is missing from Hubin's bibliography (/Crime Fiction IV/) as well as other resources on Whittington on the Internet. The story involves a Ric Durazo, investigating a kidnapping in the desert of New Mexico. Does this book ring a bell to anyone? Thank you in advance for any help, Best regards, Jerome