RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Oct 2009

    Frog,

    Re your comment below:

    "just for the record - if this link works for you, you'll see a pic of Leo from the recent film Revolutionary Road -

    "http://kellylowenst ein.files. wordpress. com/2009/ 09/revolutionary -road-leo- dicaprio. jpg

    "he can easily pass for mid-30s - his actual age I think many of us have our strongest image of him from Titanic, which was 12 years ago now, or Gangs of NY, which was 7 years ago"

    Far from proving your point, these images just serve to reinforce the point that he's just too damned baby-faced to play a character like Travis McGee.

    Hell, just six or seven years ago, he was still so boyish-looking he could convincingly play a high school kid in CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, and he was nearly 30 when he made that one.

    At the moment, he still looks like he's in his early to mid-20's. Like Mickey Rooney or Audie Murphy, he'll probably look like he's in his early to mid 20's well into his 40's. He's just got that kind of face.

    In the end, I don't think it will matter. According to IMDb he's got mre than two dozen different projects "in development." They won't all come to fruition, and I suspect THE DEEP BLUE GOOD-BYE will either get kicked to the curb or be produced with someone else in the lead.

    JIM DOHERTY