Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee

From: Stephen Burridge (stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Oct 2009

    DiCaprio has been playing men of action in thrillers lately. I thought he was good in "Body of Lies". A photo of him in character as the suburban husband in "Revolutionary Road" may not be the best way of evaluating the suitability of his appearance for the McGee role. I agree with the comment that memories of "Titanic" and "Gangs of New York" may be affecting people's sense of what he can do.

    Mind you I only read a few McGee novels, many years ago, and I don't retain much of a sense of the character.

    Stephen