Re: RARA-AVIS: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee

From: craigcreative (craigcreative@att.net)
Date: 29 Sep 2009

    From the wiki on Travis:

    "He was a stand-out college football player (at tight end) and played professional football for several seasons before a knee injury forced him into retirement; despite his age, he retains the quickness and agility of a professional athlete. He stands 6'4" (1.95 m) tall and, although deceptively unimposing at his "fighting weight" of 205 lbs. (93 kg), he's much stronger than he looks, with thick wrists and long arms; occasionally, a more perspicacious adversary notes these features when deciding whether to tangle with him or not. McGee purposely cultivates an image of being uncoordinated, shambling, and clumsy but has superb reflexes and muscle memory."

    Doesn't seem to gel with DiCaprio's physicality...though I would be pleased to see McGee back in the spotlight.

    DiCaprio does look promising in Shutter Island, and I did enjoy him in some of his last films such as Blood Diamond, The Departed, and Body of Lies (with Russell Crowe).

    Speaking of Crowe, he does fall more into my physical vision of McGee.