RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee

From: Kevin Burton Smith (kvnsmith@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 30 Sep 2009

    JohnI DO NOT have a closed mind. wrote:

    > I came across this in Shelf Awareness, a daily e-newsletter for
    > people in the book industry.
    >
    > Movies: The Deep Blue Goodbye
    > Fans of John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee novels will be pleased to
    > learn that The Deep Blue Goodbye has been adapted for Leonardo
    > DiCaprio.

    You lie!

    In all the dream casting in all the world, I don't think DiCaprio has ever been mentioned by any JDM fan as a suitable McGee.

    "Pleased"? Maybe after they pick their jaws up off the floor.

    Next up: Adam Sandler IS Joe Friday!

    On the other hand, the consensus here was that Clive Owen might make a great Marlowe, even if the choice of Frank Miller as writer/director was a little disappointing. Whatever happened to THAT project?

    Kevin Burton Smith Editor/Founder The Thrilling Detective Web Site
    "Wasting your time on the web since 1998."