Re: RARA-AVIS: "Inherent Vice" and Other Pynchon novels

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 30 Aug 2009

    Smile because it would be quite funny and absurd, given the chiasm between crime writers and what nobel ırequirementsı seem to be (in that Œstraightı literary/academic world context)...sneer because, if one of them got it, I would sneer at his acceptance of it, since I Œwantı noir writers to be Œout of the boxı...whisful thinking probably...itıs like seing one of your Œrebel rock idolsı all shoock up at the despicable and ridiculous rock Hall of Fame...

    Anyway...none of it is important anyway...but the books are...

    montois