RE: RARA-AVIS: Cain and Thompson Question

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Aug 2009

    Mario wrote:
    "I did hear that there was an "adapted" American version of the Harry Potter books but never had the English editions to compare. That is a very bad idea." I was told that, too, by a fan who went out of her way to get a Brit edition. Didn't know her well or long enough to find out what the differences were. But it happens in our lit, too. Not sure why they felt compelled to change the title of Rankin's Fleshmarket Close to Fleshmarket Alley. Mark