RARA-AVIS: Who bought the Da Vinci Code

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Aug 2009

    Patrick King asked:

    >If that's true, who the hell bought THE DA VINCI CODE? Riddle me that, Batman?<

    I didn't buy it but I might have if it were not in my bag at Left Coast Crime in Monterey. I don't think I'm elite, but maybe among the half-baked among the masses.

    Not a great read, I had to skip a lot of superfluous description to keep reading, but I learned a lot from it.

    1. You can still get away with the cliff hanger.

    2. A book does not have to be written well to be a best seller.

    3. People like to learn even when some of the information is flawed.

    4. You can't hide the true villain from astute or even a few half-baked readers.

    Call them average if you will, but the literate masses make a book a true bestseller.

    I read the book because too many readers whose opinions I respected liked it. I had to dig around in my piles of books to find it.

    Batman

    http://crimespace.ning.com/profile/JackBludis