RARA-AVIS: Re: Pynchon

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Aug 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jeter <michael.damian.jeter@...> wrote:

    > I have said it before, and I will say it again:
    >
    > Can you say that Parker has written the same story for 30 or so years?
    >
    > Yes, but itīs a great story.
    >
    > Another proud RBP reader here.

    I have trouble associating the word "great" with Robert B. Parker. I think good (sometimes very good) is sufficient. But that's one opinion. He's popular, as pointed out... I will let his fans sing his praises. I lost interest in him a long time ago, after reading several novels that read like snow jobs, were padded and showed some of the most disagreeable pseudo-hardboiled writing I've ever read. His early stuff was way better.

    mrt