RARA-AVIS: Re: my Charles Williams mini-marathon

From: tomarmstrongmusic (tom@tomarmstrongmusic.com)
Date: 18 Jun 2009

    I don't see a whole lot of similarities between Williams & Willeford most of the time. just in "The Big Bite", because of the psychology & voice of the main character, which reminded me of typical Willeford characters like James Figeroa in "Burnt Orange Heresy" or Russell Haxby in "High Priest" or Hank in "Shark Infested Custard". of all the Williams I've read, this book in particular would appeal to Willeford fans.

    my other fave Williams books are the sea-going suspense novels, particularly "Dead Calm", but "Scorpion Reef" "Aground" and "Sailcloth Shroud" are all really great. just unique in the greater confines of the genre.

    Tom Armstrong