RARA-AVIS: Re: talking tough

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jun 2009

    Dave,

    Re your comment below:

    "One mystery writer I know who is genuinely a tough guy (although he's probably too modest to think of himself like that) is Michael A. Black. Black belt in Tae Quon Do, built like a tank, also a cop, he's someone who probably could handle a couple of AQ (as Child likes to call them) in a darkened alley."

    Mike, a sergeant in the Matteson, IL, Police, is, indeed a tough cookie. So is a buddy of his, and mine, named Dave Case (check out his great novel OUT OF CABRINI), a Chicago police sergeant. Either one could probably take me in that proverbial dark alley.

    JIM DOHERTY