Re: RARA-AVIS: talking tough/Burdett

From: Joy Matkowski (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 31 May 2009

    Well, me. Some of us are just readers. We develop other ways of coping with our frustrations.
        But then again, you may remember my take on the Reacher books as utterly unrealistic. I read a chapter or two of one book and went on for about that many pages about how he couldn't possibly afford all those steaks on the pay he reported, etc. I can be quite literal.
        Nevertheless, /Bangkok 8 /did make me suspend my disbelief. I would have put it aside after the first chapter as too ethereal and mystical and gone on to the next book on the pile, but I was reading on the elliptical trainer and didn't want to stop "running." Somehow Burdett makes sudden immersion into a very different culture's mind-set easy and interesting. In retrospect, the plot wasn't all that credible either, but I want to read Bangkok 9, or whatever the next book is named. Joy

    Gerald So asked: