Re: RARA-AVIS: talking tough

From: Gerald So (g_so@yahoo.com)
Date: 31 May 2009

    Hello, all.

    Dave Zeltserman wrote:

    << Somehow I think if Child ever [took on a couple of Al Queda folks] things wouldn't go too well for him. >>

    I agree Child may have been talking tough, but he may also have been using "take on" in the abstract. Often the wish-fulfillment of hardboiled fiction is taking on the evils of the world and gaining a measure of justice. Who hasn't, at one time or another, used their fiction to take out frustration? In that sense, who wouldn't want to confront and be able to deter an attacker?

    Gerald