Re: RARA-AVIS: Horrible Terrible Awful things happening to children.

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Apr 2009

    The original poster was looking for fairy tale like stories involving children. Which can be very grim. There are many great crime and suspense stories involving children. Both as victims and perpetrators. But I think the point of his play is that the minute we hear that a story involves children and gruesomoness (without having actually read the story) our minds jump to kiddie snuff porn and we become very uncomfortable ... and are apt to go to darker places than an author envisaged.

    Sean Shapiro

    ________________________________ From: Stephen Burridge <stephen.burridge@gmail.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:50:03 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Horrible Terrible Awful things happening to children.

    I'm certainly not interested in reading that kind of thing (very bad things being done to children.)

    However, an endangered child can be a source of tremendous suspense.

    Stephen