Re: RARA-AVIS: Rare finds

From: mhall@berkeley.edu
Date: 03 Apr 2009

    > I've been to library booksales that lasted one or two days, but never an
    > actual permanent bookstore. Wait a minute, one library did open a tiny
    > boutique when it was on its last legs. It didn't help, unfortunately.
    >
    > Karin

    The City of Berkeley's library has a bookstore open 5 days a week in the shopping mall of the Durant parking structure. Them, Revolution Books, and the deli are about the only folks left there sad to say. There was a smoke shop with a great international magazine stand, but they went out of business about two or 3 years ago. Between them and Cody's tanking, magazine stands in Berkeley are pretty mainstream and pedestrian.

    Ah, for the good ol' days...

    MEH (who is getting closer to 50 than I care to be).