RARA-AVIS: The Pinkertons of Yore

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Mar 2009

    Somebody correct me on this, because I'm not certain. (Jim?)
      Weren't' the Pinkertons of Yore *often* much like the U.S. "contractors" of Iraq. I don't want to say because the police were inadequate, but perhaps because there weren't enough of them?
      Now that I write that, I think someone else already said it--although not in the same words.
      And do they still do that sort of thing? But someone clarify if you would.
      Thanks,
      Jack Bludis
      Read, read, read. Write, write, write.
    (I hate semicolons or I would have punctuated it differently.)