RARA-AVIS: Re: My last point on that topic, plus Hammett and Westlake

From: mikechomko (chomko@enter.net)
Date: 22 Feb 2009

    Mark Nevins wrote about Hammett's RED HARVEST:

    I understand that this book is a cobbling-together of several BLACK MASK short stories--and I expect eventually to go back and read those
    (are they easily found in a collection?).

    RED HARVEST is a longtime favorite of mine, as are most of Hammett's works.

    Good luck finding the original BLACK MASK short stories, though. You're going to have a hard time doing so and have to spend a ton of money. They are not readily available in collections.

    Mike Chomko