Re: RARA-AVIS: P.M. Hubbard

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Vorzimmer" <jvorzimmer@...> wrote:

    > I like what Dewey I've read. It's a shame that he's largely
    forgotten. Good for guys like me who read him--we can get his novels cheap. I think I mentioned that I recently read Mountain Girl by one Cord Wainer, when about half way through I recognized the style as Dewey's and sure enough, that was one of his pseudonyms.

    Right now he is resting in the dustbin of history, as they say. But pick up any of his novels and the stuff is as fresh as if it had just been written. It is amazing to reread him and find him so improved... I feel the same whenever I reread William Campbell Gault (another guy who hasn't been very lucky).

    Best,

    mrt