Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Definition of Thriller

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 04 Feb 2009

    That might be because according to the broad definition (emphasizing pace, action and suspense), if you don't describe a book as a thriller, the implication is that it's slow, hardly anything happens and it's really not much of a page-turner. Which isn't much of a sales pitch.

    When we're done with 'thriller', btw, can we move on to 'upmarket'?

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "davezeltserman" <davezelt@rcn.com> To: <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:38 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Definition of Thriller