Re: RARA-AVIS: Daniel Woodrell on "Noir"

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 02 Feb 2009

    On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Con Lehane <con@conlehane.com> wrote:

    > >I like the feel free to disagree part, Brian. if I remember right, Jim
    > >Crumley attended the Iowa Writers Workshop. Perhaps we want to be
    > >careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

    Con (and others)-

    Of course there are always exceptions that prove the rule. And I'll further admit that I wrote the original comment in a state of exasperation, so of course there is always the risk of hyperbole creeping into such remarks.

    That said, I offer as a weak defense of my previous statements one word, three syllables: GILEAD by Marilynne Robinson.

    All the Best-

    Brian