Re: RARA-AVIS: favorite books of 2008

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 05 Dec 2008

    I knew I'd be adding to my list. Finished Charlie Huston's Every Last Drop, his latest Joe Pitt hardboiled vampire novel. It was a great return to form over the previous one, All the Blood in Brooklyn, which I found a bit slack, in places bordering on sloppy. It read like a rushed first draft, had a good beginning and end leading to the next one, and a few good scenes beteen them, but they just seemed strung together. This one is tight and well plotted. It may be the best in the series (but depends to some degree on knowing some stuff that comes before). Recommended.

    Mark