RARA-AVIS: Dog Eats Dog by Iain Levison

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 31 Oct 2008

    I read this mostly do to some positive mentions I've seen here. Basic plot, three threads involving a bank robber with hopes of escaping to Canada to buy a farm and live a quiet life, the narcissistic college professor in a small NH town he forces to house him after spying on him and seeing this professor having sex with a teenage girl, and the dissatisfied FBI agent on the robber's trail. Compelling writing + novel, reminded me a lot of Donald Westlake/Richard Stark, but ultimately the nihilistic ending left me cold.

    --Dave Z.