RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Reading List 1988

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2008

    I think it would be a mistake to think that the 2008 lineup is not competitive with the 1988 lineup... we have a great generation of writers, and several of the older ones continue to produce excellent stuff (Westlake, Cook, for example). As to Leonard, he has done enough... and Thornburg has apparently stopped writing because he is not physically well. By the way, Cutter and Bone is not from 1988 but from the seventies. I do wish Block would drop Keller and move on to some real noir stuff. He knows how to write it, no doubt.

    Best

    mrt