Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Super Heroes, Comics, and Noir

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 25 Jul 2008

    Very very true, boxing, wresling...have had a strong mark on noir but maybe not many Œnoir¹ authors came from Latin (including Spain of course) lands at the heyday of bullfighting..One could also think about soccer and cycling and rugby...in the same sense that a strong link here has been with baseball and cars and racing (early days of nascar)...and horse racing too...

    ...which brings me to the not often mentioned link between noir and social classes/social organisations/races/political-social activities-sytems...etc...it is not the essential factor but it plays a proeminent role and the recent discussion here has been exclusively concentrated on other grounds (esthetics/moral..etc..)...but it may not be an area that both critics and writers themselves frequent openly in the overall literary and critical discourse context here...???...and may not be relevant to many here (@rara)...

    Just ideas for future reflexion..

    Montois
    (Anyway: last seen Curro (ovación y bronca) in Barcelona in 73 with Paquirri...another era...never seen Castella except on You Tube...what happened to Salvador Cortes?)

    Steve Novak Cinefrog@comcast.net