Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir SH?

From: Mark R. Harris (brokerharris@gmail.com)
Date: 23 Jul 2008

    Let's remember that Batman is not technically a super-hero: he has no super-powers. He is merely a gaudily costumed crime fighter.

    I have learned from experience that arguments about the definition of "noir" are wearying, in part because, since noir is not a genre, it lacks the definable qualities of a genre. Ultimately noir is just a "mood" word, so it means whatever people want it to mean.

    Mark

    --
    Mark R. Harris
    2122 W. Russet Court #8