Re: RARA-AVIS: Leonard's Split Images

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Jul 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

    > Mario,
    >
    > "Forced by circumsances" to reread it?

    Forced by not having much choice of reading materials while away from home... a Leonard amid a shelf of bad to abysmal stuff is a jewel. This has happened to me before. Fortunately, Leonard sells a lot. It was Leonard or some novel about some middle-aged married woman desperate to get laid, British version. They seem to publish lots of those. That stuff doesn't interest me.

    Sometimes serendipity works miracles, though. I discovered Elias Canetti in a similar situation, great stuff.

    Best,

    mrt