Re: RARA-AVIS: Savage Night graphic novel

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 03 Jul 2008

    Steve, I'm not saying how important or unimportant it is as far as the value of the work, simply asking a question, and a reasonable one at that, especially (for me) given that one of the publishers involved, Rivages, is publishing the French-language version of my novel, Small Crimes, and might someday want to do a graphic novel with it...

    --Dave Z.

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Steve Novak <Cinefrog@...> wrote:

    > I fear we will get very quickly into a line of discussion that at
    Rompol we
    > have visited many times before: it is important that a graphic
    novel or a
    > film be ³faithful² to the book (or the reverse for that
    matter)...many among
    > us will say judge it on what it is and not on other criteria...does
    it ever
    > matter that it is Œfaithful¹ or not...should it ever matter...
    >
    > I leave it at that but I want to thank here JP for mentioning it
    and the
    > excellent link in Spanish from Gonzalo Baeza...very interesting
    indeed
    > beyond the cover of La Nuit de Fureur...
    >
    > JP did you get it Œneuf¹ or Œd¹occase¹ chez Amazon-Fr???...It
    sounds very
    > good and I want to get it...
    >
    > Montois de Détroit
    >

    > On 7/3/08 6:15 PM, "davezeltserman" <davezelt@...> wrote: