Re: RARA-AVIS: Rara Avis top 50 Crime Fiction

From: jsbuturn ( ishantriv@rediffmail.com)
Date: 27 Apr 2008

It's a pleasant surprise to see writers like Ross Thomas, Ted Lewis and Jonathan Latimer making it to the list. At the same time I am saddened to see that some of the most brilliant books Like 'Black Wings Has My Angel' or 'Death's Sweet Song' loose out because Elliot Chaze or Clifton Adams couldn't repeat the magic. The top ten of this list is like anybody's guess but the list is too crowded with names who might not last long for the honor on such a list, if Rara Avis votes after say 10 years.