RARA-AVIS: Re: Jason Starr

From: Gonzalo Baeza ( gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 21 Apr 2008

I asked the question only because I've read one novel by him and he's a relatively new writer compared to others on the list. Having said that, I really enjoyed The Follower. As I said before, he reminds me of Jim Thompson. Funny that you mention Nothing Personal. I just found a copy of it yesterday in a discount rack and bought it. I should start reading it soon.

-Gonzalo B.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, <juri.nummelin@...> wrote:

> Someone asked whether Jason Starr could be called a classic. There
are few new
> noir or neo-noir writers around I'd call classic, but Jason Starr is
one of
> them. This is undisputed. If the guy who writes a book like NOTHING
PERSONAL is