Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jason Starr

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 21 Apr 2008

>I asked the question only because I've read one novel by him and he's a
> relatively new writer compared to others on the list. Having said that,
> I really enjoyed The Follower. As I said before, he reminds me of Jim
> Thompson. Funny that you mention Nothing Personal. I just found a copy
> of it yesterday in a discount rack and bought it. I should start
> reading it soon.

Jason's story is kind of interesting. He was standing in a bookstore one day, when he noticed a rack of Black Lizard paperbacks. Having never read any hardboiled fiction, and being intrigued, he picked up some Jim Tompson and David Goodis. He got hooked to the point that he decided he wanted to write hardboiled crime fiction in the classic style. He has succeeded admirably.

Pick up all ten of his novels.

Jeff