RARA-AVIS: A Fifth of Bruen

From: Randy Krbechek ( randyk@psnw.com)
Date: 24 Feb 2008

Hi -

I just picked up a copy of "A Fifth of Bruen." My other exposure to Bruen has been through the Hard Case titles.

Not keen on the font face - small and difficult to read.

I skipped ahead and read the last story - "The Time of Serena-May." Very fine short fiction about a couple where the wife gets pregnant at a later age. No spoilers here - read the story.

Told from the man's point of view. Honest, with an edge. Dare I mention Mr. H________y? (I've read ever word ever printed by EH. Even the posthumous stuff.) Not an unreasonable comparison.

Someone on this list hipped me to "Ronald Rabbit is a Dirty Old Man." Boy, that was a lot of fun. Recommended to anyone.

Bye. Randy Krbechek Fresno, CA