RARA-AVIS: Re: female authors

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Feb 2008

 "Dave Zeltserman" dz@hardluckstories.com hardluckstories wrote:

<< While not a crime novel Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor has its noirish impulses, and is about as grimy (and brilliant) a novel as you're going to find written by a male or female.

  Funny enough, I just saw a copy of this yesterday afternoon. On a table in the entryway lobby of a Baptist church.

  Guess this means I should finally read the thing.

  The film version (1980, directed by John Huston) still sticks in my mind. Great casting: Brad Dourif, Houston, Harry Dean Stanton, Ned Beatty, and of course, William Hickey.

  - Duane
  www.pulprack.com

--------------------------------- Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.