Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: converging plotlines

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 28 Jan 2008

Dave wrote:

"The terrific movie "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" does a nice job making fun of these cliched conventions . . ."

Has anyone read the Mike Shayne book the movie was based on? How much of it actually made its way into the movie?

As for the DVD, I'm still pissed they didn't inclde a photo gallery of the McGinniss covers used in the movie.

"There were more of these cliches that the movie pointed out, although the bit of having the dog disappearing with the severed finger might've been original."

I seem to remember the dog bit from somewhere, though I may just be thinking of the dog walking around with hand in its mouth at the beginning of Yojimbo (it was that Kurosawa/Mifune movie, right?).

Mark