Re: RARA-AVIS: Allan Guthrie's Top 200 Noirs

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Dec 2007

Al wrote:

"GBH, Ted Lewis, 1980: I've only read three of his novels but each one is magnificent."

This was amazing. Maybe as good as his Get Carter. I've managed to get copies of all of his books. Have read this, the three Carters, Billy Rags and Boldt. Only the last was not great (not really bad, but far from great). Need to get to the other three.

"Fat City, Leonard Gardner: about third-rate boxers in Stockton, CA. One of the best novels I've ever read, regardless of genre."

Damn, I almost picked this up the other day, but returned it to the shelf.

Mark