Re: RARA-AVIS: My take on Block

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Dec 2007

Curt wrote:

"And I think in the original thread on DH (waaaay back in the archives, when this group first moved to Yahoo), someone said a Joe Gores book did better on the point you mention, too. I forget what the title was, but maybe it will come up again, now that a Gores month is on the way!"

Several of Gores's standalones involve revenge scenarios. And his first, A Time of (for?) Predators, avenges a rape that led to suicide
(didn't a later one also involve a rape?). In Westlake's The Ax, on the other hand, the violence is no rooted in revenge, but in a cold, hard, logical solution to a problem.

Mark