Re: RARA-AVIS: Sorry, more Ellroy

From: scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 15 Dec 2007

I'm a member of an Ellroy readers group on myspace, but rarely bother to look in because I use myspace for my orrible electronic music, but clocking in today I found in their bulletin boards this message, left in September this year.

"I got it from the man himself: the third book in the Underworld U.S.A. Trilogy will be released in March '08. It will end in May of '72, and Ellroy has said he will not write past that moment in time in his future works. In other words, all his subsequent work will take place before May '72. I wanted to pump him for details but I didn't. I do recall him saying this book will focus on Latin American imperialism, Hoover's final years, the escalation of Nam, Hoffa's end and Sonny Liston. He has no interest in Watergate.

No word on if Wayne Tedrow will be the sole protagonist or if he creates another pair to make it a trio.

After that, Ellroy will start writing his semi-autobiographical multi-generational Wisconsin cop family drama."
  There's also a bit of a discussion about the filming of White Jazz - apparently George Clooney was due to play Dave Klein but has now changed his mind or some such and the project has been shelved/put on the back burner/incinerated.
  Peace, love and entertaining homicides to you all.
  Colin.
  Join my Church: www.myspace.com/thereverendspadgedooley