Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Oct 2007

I remember and interveiw with Spillane during which he remarked ironically that he'd had a hard time selling the first Hammer book and that the paperback, when it finally came out, sold through the roof.

My point was, we were kidding about someone not being able to afford the hard cover Spillane, and I was pointing out that there was no first edition hard cover to buy, but perhaps I was wrong. I believed the paperback sales drove the hard cover reprints.

Patrick King