Hank Janson (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Moorcock's Crime Fiction)

From: m23to53 ( library.john@virgin.net)
Date: 28 Oct 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> Hank Janson the writer/s is a Brit, right? But Hank Janson the
> character is a Yank?
>
> I've got two US copies published by NAL, Kill Her with Passion (1963)
> and The Affairs of Paula (1965). Both are copyrighted by G. Gold and
D.
> Warburton. Were these the real authors or the publishers who assigned
> the house name to others?
>
> Mark

Gold and Warburton were the UK publishers of the Hank Janson books at the time. For more information, I suggest 'Steve Holland's 'The trials of Hank Janson' (Telos, 2004). The books is worth reading for the story of the banning of gangster and other paperbacks in the 1950s as obscene in the UK.

John