Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir Sci-fi

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 26 Oct 2007

Nathan wrote:

"Dick had a lot of talent, undisciplined as he was. He could've been more than a cult figure if he had been more serious about his craft and less so about the drugs."

I thought the best by far of the 8 to 10 of his books I've read was Valis, though it doesn't really fit in here. There he showed some of the discipline you so rightly claim he lacked. Perhaps because it was a complete rewrite of a book his editors asked for a minor rewrite on, Rado Free Albemuth.

Mark