RARA-AVIS: The Long Embrace

From: bookbitch ( BookBitch@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Oct 2007

The Long Embrace: Raymond Chandler and the Woman He Loved by Judith Freeman is a new biography of Raymond Chandler that just came across my desk. I just started looking at it and it seems rather interesting. According to Publisher's Weekly, Freeman is "obsessed" with Chandler so I'm looking forward to reading this.

Freeman wrote a controversial novel called Red Water, which I liked a lot. It was about the second worst civil crime ever committed in this country, the Mountain Meadows Massacre, and the beginnings of the Mormon faith. Nothing like fictionalizing religion to stir up the pot.

Cheers, Stacy

I am the BookBitch www.bookbitch.com Giving away more than 50 books this month including DOWN RIVER by John Hart, INTERRED WITH THEIR BONES by Jennifer Lee Carrell, 7 signed thrillers and lots more!